GOD - A Belief or A Belief system?


Disclaimer: I Respect all religions. Since I have better knowledge about Hindu mythology and Hindu religion, I have given more examples from it.  It doesn’t mean I am insulting it.

Before you all come to a conclusion that I am an atheist, I want to clarify.  NO, I'm not an atheist.  I do go to temple; I do read religious scriptures and observe all those rituals instructed by my mother.

I believe in God but I don't believe in his existence. Yes, quite oxymoron. Just like perfectly imperfect, regularly irregular or little more. True, I repeat what I said, I believe in God but I don't believe in his existence.

I don't know whether Lord Ram is a God or not
I don't know whether Lord Krishna is a God or not
I don't know whether Jesus Christ is a God or not
I don't know whether Allah is a God or not

But what I do certainly know is, there existed these men whose activities were Godly for the whole humanity at that time so they got the tag of God to them.

I'll explain why I don't believe in his existence.
Why didn't He punish people like Dara Ram Rahim for decades that were so devilish under the clout of the God himself? Why? What is the mistake of all those innocent people who were victims of Ram Rahim? What is their fault? Is believing God their mistake?

I assume God himself is the leader and the so-called Godmen (Self-proclaimed) are his representatives. If a representative of a leader is doing crimes by taking the advantage of the name and fame of the leader, isn't it the leader's duty to stop and teach a lesson to these pseudo-representatives?  Why would he take so much time to bring them to justice? The scriptures say that God is Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipotent. Which means God knows everything and he is everywhere.

If good happens only to people who believe in God there would only be Bhakts in top positions throughout the globe.  Quite contrarily, there are many atheists who tasted success strongly believing in themselves. So what is the common trait in both the Atheist and the theist? Belief. Both strongly believe either God or themselves.

According to me, back in time, the highly learned people created the concept God because they found it easy to make the common people follow a few good things if preached in the name of the God. All the customary things which has scientific base too were popularized under the cover of religion or God. For example, using turmeric is scientifically antibiotic. By introducing it into the religious system it made an impact on a large section of people. Every such religious belief has a reason either scientifically or socially or economically dated back to the conditions at those times.

So when a question raises Science Vs Religion, I say both are required. I want to support my above statement by stating a few examples. Science says "Each and everything is made of fundamental particles called atoms" whereas religion says "Each and everything is made of me(Fundamental particle)" in God's narration. Science says "Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed it can only be transferred from one form to another" Religion says" There is no death to soul like we change clothes soul changes body".The only difference I find in the above example is in grammar and in language but not in their summary.

 So from the above cited examples, I came to an understanding that 'One is responsible for the deeper understanding of the problem and other is for providing the proofs for the same.So as per the famous saying goes “Science will show you the paths whereas religion guides you which path to choose”.Today we must clearly understand the evolution of those believes and rules in a layman language.We need to update our religious believes because only then we can fight the Social evils.

If a fish helped us we called it ‘Matsyavatar’.
If a pig helped us we called it ‘Varahavatar’.
Whoever who helps other is a God to the receiver at that time.

If a passerby helps a wounded person and takes him to hospital, he is God to that person at that incident. One could be a God by just being a human being and practicing humanity. We are ready to give donations into a Hundi, but not to a fellow human being who needs help. For us God resides only in places of worship. How ignorant are we? How can we forget that he is all potent, all present and all knowing? So, God’s existence is doubtful, but the belief in God exists.

Comments

  1. This is so extraordinary is so many ways. Great analytical thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work and great effort to bring the matter to precise and concise.
    Looking for more from you on the subject. All the Very Best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Indian mythology or Hindu religion really Opposing Intercaste marriages Part-2

My journey from Tank Seat to Driver Seat

My Dream to be an Indian in India